Thread Rating:
  • 4 Vote(s) - 4 Average
"Diversity is not our strength": Cincy's own Ramaswamy 2024!
So Cincinnati's own Ramaswamy announced in Feb. As of March 15 he was polling below 1% (Trump was at 46%, DeSantis 32%, Haley at 5%, Pence at 3%, and Pompeo at 1. https://poll.qu.edu/poll-release?releaseid=3869.

He's pushing a traditional (family) conservatism plus anti-wokeness, and is an "entrepreneur," which should seem attractive to the right, but he
also has some baggage--Harvard degrees and a Soros-funded fellowship.  Wondering if maybe some of the Cincy guys here went to school with him? He graduated from Saint X in 2003.

His agenda? In his CPAC speech on March 3, he emphasized the three "secular religions" that have the U.S. in a "chokehold" now. They must be stopped!

1. "The Woke racial religion that says your identity is based on your skin color, that you are inherently disadvantaged if you are black, and that you are inherently privileged if white, no matter your economic background or upbringing." This religion creates fear of "racist" accusations. Any disagreement with them makes YOU a racist! 

2. Second religion deals with sex, gender and sexuality--and rests on a contradiction: sex identity is supposed to be "hard-wired at brith" but is also "fluid" during adolescence.

3. The third religion involves climate change. If it were really about cleaning the atmosphere it would embrace nuclear energy and address China's coal use. But it's not really about that. "It is about power, dominion, control, punishment and apologizing for what we have achieved in this country and the modern West as we know it."

Also, he will shut down the FBI and create something new in its place. And he will do away with the Dept. of Education and NOT put anything in its place. The exec ought to be able to fire entire units of government and their employees.  If I can't fire someone "it means they don't work for me." 

https://www.cnn.com/2023/02/21/politics/vivek-ramaswamy-gop-2024-campaign/index.html
"To put America first, we need to rediscover what America is. That's why I am running for president," . . . . "I am launching not only a political campaign but a cultural movement to create a new American Dream—one that is not only about money but about the unapologetic pursuit of excellence."

Ramaswamy is a biotech and health care entrepreneur who has written two books, "Nation of Victims: Identity Politics, the Death of Merit, and the Path Back to Excellence" and "Woke, Inc.: Inside Corporate America's Social Justice Scam."

‘Anti-woke’ GOP entrepreneur Vivek Ramaswamy announces 2024 presidential run
https://nypost.com/2023/02/21/gop-entrepreneur-vivek-ramaswamy-announces-2024-presidential-run/
“Those basic rules of the road: meritocracy, the idea that you get ahead in this country, not on the color of your skin, but on the content of your character. The idea that you are allowed to speak freely, yes to be wrong sometimes, as long as your neighbor gets the same courtesy in return. The idea that the people who we elect to run the government, by the way, are the people who actually run the government, basic rules of the road,” he added.

“These are the things that bind us together. You and I have different shades of melanin, you know what I’d say? So what? That’s not beautiful, that is not our strength. Our diversity is meaningless if there’s nothing greater that binds us together across that diversity. And the reason that I’m running for president is to revive those ideals and I believe deep in my bones, they still exist,” Ramaswamy said.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
"Diversity is not our strength": Cincy's own Ramaswamy 2024! - Dill - 03-22-2023, 10:54 AM