Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 3 Average
Another school shooting...more children dead.
What's strange to me is she apparently identifies as a man. But apparently that doesn't matter now? From what I've understood from recent memory is you're a threat to the transgender community if you misidentify a trans person. Yet multiple outlets are reporting it was a woman while also saying they were transgender.

As a matter of fact. A lot of people are still confused about all of this because they're not sure if it was a man or a woman because some outlets reported it was a man, while others reported it was a woman. This seems to be a bit of an implication of playing the gender game if you ask me.

Seriously. Go look at the comment sections on this news story. People are fighting over what this "person" is, and I think it's important. I get that people died and that shouldn't be pushed to the side. But it's honestly got me wondering the impact this kind of thing has on sociology and the way in which we analyze men and women.

As you already stated. You're shocked it was a woman. So am I. But if they identify as a man and you have to accept that as reality, well then I think that changes the discussion doesn't it? Because now it's no longer shocking because it was a man and you add another tick to the violent nature of men and how they're more responsible for events like this, rather than women.

But then you have to ask yourself......how accurate is that check mark? Now, I'm not saying there will be a huge swing one way or the other, but it seems clear to me that such alterations to our society will have impacts on the statistical differences between men and women. This becomes even more true for those who consider themselves gender fluid.

So then, do we make a transgender category to single them out? Of course not, cause that would be considered transphobic.
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Another school shooting...more children dead. - Matt_Crimson - 03-28-2023, 10:47 AM