Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 3 Average
Another school shooting...more children dead.
(03-28-2023, 12:38 PM)basballguy Wrote: In my opinion, better parenting is the solution in almost every situation involving mental health.  

As parents, we know what our children are capable of long before it happens.  

That gets into the bi-partisan argument of which side of the political coin is more interested in investing and promoting things that enable and facilitate better parenting.  I'm all about just cynically giving up on fixing shootings in this country mostly because I see them as yet another bi-partisan wedge issue.  I know it's not polite to discuss politics after every shooting, but if people want this to be an apolitical thing they should stop mentioning things that the two sides don't agree on funding or attempting to fix.

Let's face it, a lot of us don't see why our taxes should go to paying for other people to get trained to be better parents, or to go see some shrink, or to even pay for more armed security to protect other people's kids.

Frankly, if everyone can agree this shooting actually happened I'll call that progress.
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Another school shooting...more children dead. - Nately120 - 03-28-2023, 12:45 PM