Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
What is your earliest Bengals memory?
I became a fan at some point in 2005 when I was 12 years old. I don't remember exactly when, and I don't really remember anything specific from that season. I don't think I even watched the playoff game! I wasn't a serious football fan at this point in my life, but I "liked" the Bengals. In 2006, I watched a little more but again, I don't have any specific memories from the season. I wasn't very invested. I do remember certain storylines from that season, such as the Bengals being 8-5 and losing out to finish the season, causing them to miss the playoffs. One of them was a game against the Broncos.

My first actual Bengals memory is from 2007, week two, when the Bengals played the Browns and lost 51-45 to Derek Anderson, who threw five TDs. I remember that game so vividly and I remember being absolutely stunned that the Bengals lost to the Browns. I went outside with my football and tossed it around thinking "man, what the hell?!". I have a lot of memories from that season. It was Leon Hall's rookie season and he struggled, as young CBs often do. I remember Chris Henry catching a bomb down the middle of the field against the 49ers on MNF. I had that game on my TV as I sat in bed with my homework. Glenn Holt returning a kickoff for a TD against Buffalo. Despite the team going 8-8 again, I have a lot of fond memories from that season. Probably a bunch of nostalgia covering it since I was still young, but I remember it being fun.

What are some of yours? 
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
What is your earliest Bengals memory? - KillerGoose - 03-29-2023, 10:16 AM