Thread Rating:
  • 3 Vote(s) - 2.33 Average
Trump FINALLY indicted: "We are living in a Police State" say Fox Commentators
(03-30-2023, 10:37 PM)basballguy Wrote: Trump was indicted for things he did outside of his political career.  

I'm not saying he doesn't deserve to be indicted.

I'm saying the democrat party is so ***** dilusional they need this.

They couldn't get him on Russia
They couldn't get him on the hooker 
They couldn't get him on countless other things...

oh but, praise jesus....they got him on "business dealings" from decades ago.

It's a witch hunt.  

I still want to wait and see what the indictment actually says before defending or condemning or condemning it. Cohen went to prison for acting at the direction of "individual 1," so I'm looking for why the law which caught Cohen doesn't apply to Trump. 

"They" couldn't get Trump on obstruction of the Russia investigation or the two impeachments because the GOP blocked the prosecutions, much the same way as Russia blocks Security Council condemnation of the Ukraine war. None of that was a "witch hunt." 

Just as a matter of record though, "They" have gotten Trump on a few things. He had to settle the discrimination suit back in the '70s, file for bankruptcy 5 times, pay back students for the Trump university grift, and pay a 2 million fine for his charity scam, and I think investigation is still going on into his scamming followers for 250 million with the election lie. It was when he became president that he became untouchable, while using the office for private gain.

I see Fox as pretty much the origin of the "They couldn't get him on . . . so witch hunt " framing, which is applied to every new violation of the law. E.g., most recently the stealing and withholding of classified documents.  

We really need to stick to the law and facts whenever considering these cases. You agree with that, right? In this case we are talking about someone who often breaks the law out loud, sometimes even during public interviews.  A lawyer's nightmare. MakeAttorneysGetAttorneys, they say.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Trump FINALLY indicted: "We are living in a Police State" say Fox Commen... - Dill - 03-30-2023, 11:35 PM