Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
This place is seriously depressing
(12-01-2015, 02:32 AM)Shake n Blake Wrote: I became a fan in '93. I've seen all the lean years and 0 playoff wins. I respect almost all takes whether they're deemed positive or negative because I realize that there's more than one way to be a fan.

While I may not agree with many posters here on a variety of subjects, I don't question anyone's fanhood or make condescending remarks about Madden. I think 90% of the posters here know this team quite well. We just all have different takes. Some more negative than others, but that comes with the territory when you're riding a 25 year streak without a playoff win and struggling in prime-time.

As much as I dislike Rodney Harrison and so many in the media who doubt this team, they all do so with good reason. Same with the more jaded members of these boards. Hopefully this team breaks the streak. When that happens, I think plenty of the doubt will be erased. Maybe then we'll see fewer people telling others how to post. Then again, probably not.

I would never question someone's fanhood on an Internet message board. Seriously, we all love the Bengals around here. We just love them in different ways. I don't really post in the GD thread because I'm one of those roller coaster emotional people when watching a game. I was all over the place during the Seattle game.

I find it confusing when people attack each other over "homer" and "hater" issues. We all want to arrive at the same destination (hoisting the Lombardi), but we all have different takes on how to get there.

I'm along the lines of Shake here. I became a fan in 98, didn't really follow in-depthly until 2005 when I joined the original boards and learned so much. However, I still rocked my Bengals gear during the late 90s and early 2000s and took so much verbal abuse from people.
You can always trust an dishonest man to be dishonest. Honestly, it's the honest ones you have to look out for.
"Winning makes believers of us all"-Paul Brown
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: This place is seriously depressing - Bengal Dude - 12-01-2015, 05:14 PM