Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
The Fundamental Question going forward
(04-07-2023, 09:54 PM)Murdock2420 Wrote: Once you get the right guy under center. It's a really simply recipe for success in the NFL.

Build a line that both protects your elite guy and opens holes so you can run. (Don't need a 1st round talent RB if you have a good OL to make holes)

Have a defensive playmaker or two that can make a stop when it is absolutely needed.

After that, it can be re-treads and rookies and all kinds of guys catching the passes and running the ball. Investing heavily in the skill positions isn't a plan for long-term success in the NFL.

I posted this pre-drafting Chase, but in the history of the modern draft, not one WR taken top 5 won a Super Bowl with the team that drafted him. 

I get people get attached to players, but I'd rather have a Championship then pro-bowl WRs.

I think everyone can agree on that Murdock. Just sounds like we are going to keep both Tee and Chase. I think Chase will be the first
WR to break that historic fact though BTW. If it was me I would extend Burrow and Wilson this year and let both Boyd and Tee go next
year while drafting their replacements. DJ Reader is also most likely going to leave from what I am hearing, so Mazi Smith should be on
our minds at 28 if he is around. He can do it all same as DJ.

If we can keep the trenches strong around Burrow we will be a tough out every single year. We draft WR's well, not OL.
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: The Fundamental Question going forward - Nate (formerly eliminate08) - 04-08-2023, 03:27 PM