Poll: Which one of these 10 would you take in round 1 for the Bengals ?
Calijah Kancey (Defensive Tackle)
Emmanuel Forbes (Corner)
Quentin Johnston (wide receiver)
Brian Branch (Safety/Corner)
Anton Harrison (Offensive Tackle)
Darnell Washington (Tight end)
Dalton Kincaid (Tight end)
Michael Mayer (Tight End)
Brian Bresee (Defensive Tackle)
Will McDonald IV (Edge Rusher)
[Show Results]

Note: This is a public poll, other users will be able to see what you voted for.
Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Only these few Options are left at Pick #28 - Poll
I went with Darnell Washington for the outstanding blocking ability and potential as a pass catcher down the line. He'd have this year to develop behind Irv Smith.
His main issues with him being clunky are not due to athleticism, but due to the fact he was used far less in the passing game than teammate Brock Bowers. If he's used more, I think he'll look more comfortable as a pass catcher.
He ran a faster 40, the same 10 split, bigger broad jump, and faster 3-cone than Mayer. All while being 15 lbs heavier. He did put up 1.5" shorter on the vert, but he's nearly 6'7" so he's still getting as high as Mayer can.

Given how the Bengals have shown they can get to the Super Bowl with TEs putting up under 500 yards, I think Washington will definitely be in the 400-600 yard range, but his ceiling can be a 600-800 yarder if he lives up to his potential.
Mayer is probably the safer guy to predict around 600 yards, but he's not the blocker Washington is. And the Bengals TEs run block a lot. We know how the running game has been, so the Bengals need to find ways to improve that too.
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Only these few Options are left at Pick #28 - Poll - ochocincos - 04-14-2023, 09:45 AM