Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Dre Kirk Says Starting Role is His
Dre Kirkpatrick is working his ass off to earn the starting job and finally play to his potential and expectations:

Quote:"I am a low key guy. The offseason this year for me has been about dialing into the vision of how I see the season unfolding," Kirkpatrick said. "I spent a tremendous amount of time back home in Alabama spending time with my son and my family."

Following the end of the season, Kirkpatrick took a month off to let his body settle and rest from the season. Then, after that month, the work began in preparing for the 2015 season. To start up his training, Kirkpatrick headed down to his alma mater, University of Alabama.

What's awesome about that is how he took a month off to heal and be with his family, but then immediately got into football mode and he's focused on being the best that he can:

Quote:"I eat, breathe, sleep football down there with those guys, not to mention the mentor factor really inspires me to be a better pro," Kirkpatrick said. The younger college guys look up to us as players that have gone through the process and are making an impact. It gives me just as much motivation as they get from the pros that come back to UA."

He's stepping into being a leader and has the mindset that he's the man this year:

Quote:And, after three years on the Bengals, Kirkpatrick's expectations are set high, "As far as the starting role is concerned it's not a question. I know it's mine," Kirkpatrick told us last week.

We need that kind of confidence and swagger from our corners, which hopefully he's rubbing off on DD because they could be a hell of a duo for years to come.

I can't wait to see what he can do with getting close to 100% of the snaps because look at what he did with only getting 21.3% of them:

Quote:In 2014, Kirkpatrick had 20 tackles, seven passes defended and three interceptions, one of which was returned for a touchdown. Those three interceptions tied for second-most on the team, behind only Reggie Nelson and tied with Adam Jones and George Iloka. What makes those three interceptions stick out is the amount of playing time Kirkpatrick was given to produce those results. Comparatively, Iloka played on 99.3% of the Bengals' 2014 defensive snaps, Nelson 97.9%, and Jones 69.2%, Kirkpatrick only played in 21.3% of defensive snaps throughout the 2014 season.

Then, this makes it sound like he's ready for a breakout year, but will reward the Bengals by sticking with the team:

Quote:The Bengals' trust in Kirkpatrick was solidified this offseason when Kirkpatrick experienced the highlight of his offseason. "The highlight of all highlights is the Bengals picking up my 5th year which just allows me to continue my dream," Kirkpatrick said.

And as the 2015 season approaches, Kirkpatrick will seek to further live out his dream and snag the starting role he's been working toward the past three seasons.

I'm just pumped because I think that we'll finally ee what he can do and we'll have a hell of a secondary this year, which will be aided by a much-improved pass rush.

There's more here.

I'm getting pumped already!
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
Dre Kirk Says Starting Role is His - BFritz21 - 05-27-2015, 10:04 PM