Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Dre Kirk Says Starting Role is His
(05-29-2015, 02:00 PM)bengalsfan73 Wrote: I really hope Dre has made the turn for the better because he does have the potential to be special and with Dennard they really could make a great duo from this point going forward. I know he has had situations in which he has been burned but so have some of the premiere corners in the game. It is part of the learning process and to be fair to him he was not always healthy and he did not see the field that often. To get better you have to be put in those situations to overcome them and improve. With the help of Vance Joseph I think he is on the right track and I think he is getting the mind set that a solid corner needs to have. It is good to see that he is getting confidence because that will be important for him to grow. I hear some saying that Adam Jones and Leon Hall are our two best corners but I have to disagree with Hall because he has been on the decline since being hurt with the same injury twice granted it was to both Achilles but still it has affected him. Don't get me wrong I like Hall but he is going to be over 30 and his salary could be a problem after this season unless he decides to take a more cap friendly contract next season. However his best role is being in the slot because that helps to eliminate him getting beat from faster receivers. As for Jones I think he will continue to prosper in his role at corner and I think he is in no danger of going nowhere on this team because of his return ability and he always seems to make a special play when needed but once again his age could be the only thing that hurts him in the future with this team. I just hope when it is all said and done though that our two starting corners this year are Dre and Dennard because I feel they just bring more to the secondary. Who Dey!!!!

Pretty much agree with everything here except let's see how Hall does this coming year, being a year removed from his injury.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Dre Kirk Says Starting Role is His - BonnieBengal - 05-30-2015, 05:17 AM