Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Dre Kirk Says Starting Role is His
I was one of the harshest critics of Dre Kirkpatrick after his first two non-factor seasons. Perhaps it was that stupid nickname: "Swag". Makes me laugh. Dude looks like his waist is about 28 inches and he couldn't run through a wet paper bag. Swag? Guy was injured a lot the first two years. Swag? Guy couldn't get on the field over old man Hall and older man Newman. Swag?

Then, something changed. Maybe you can say he was finally given more of a shot. Maybe the proverbial light just turned on. Maybe he had been working his butt off to get ready to contribute when it was his shot.

Regardless of the past, I know that he has at OTAs guarding AJ Green EVERY SNAP and even would skip a time in the rotation to match up with Green. I realize that his is no pads or contact, but the kid is already showing that he wants to be the best. Of course staying healthy is the big "IF" for every player, but I like the kid's toughness and....maybe....his swag?

There hasn't been much of that on the defensive side of the ball except Burfict in recent history. Stupid nickname notwithstanding, I think he is poised for an outstanding year.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Dre Kirk Says Starting Role is His - SHRacerX - 05-30-2015, 11:53 AM