Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 1 Average
Duke would consider trading down...here is why:
To begin with the consideration of trading down absolutely has to do with who is on the board when the Bengals selection rolls around at #28. I think that most people are aware that teams consider groups of players for their selections and more times than not it is not a single player or two that they are targeting for a selection.

Also of importance obviously would be who the potential trade is with and how far it would drop them down in the draft. Is there a possibility that they could still get a player within their grouping of players for the 28th selection or does it drop them down to their next tier of prospects? What are they going to get in exchange for the trade and how will it position them later in the draft?

I have put together 5 different trade scenarios for teams that could be looking to move up in the draft to position themselves for a target they did not expect to fall or to better position themselves for their grouping of prospects. These 4 teams all have the draft capital that would meet what you could expect the Bengals to ask for in a trade. All trades were graded in value against the draft trade calculator:

https://www.drafttek.com/NFL-Trade-Value-Chart.asp?RequestTeam=cin

I will be posting 5 replies that will detail each of the trade scenarios which were all done on the MockDraftDatabase Simulator. In each simulation I attempted to go BPA or BPA in a position that made sense for the franchise.
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
Duke would consider trading down...here is why: - OSUfan - 04-21-2023, 08:43 PM