Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Welcome to the Jungle Jordan Battle
(04-29-2023, 09:34 AM)PDub80 Wrote: They gave Safety Nick Scott, who is considered a strong player, a 3 year $12M deal. The Bengals didn't sign him to sit. Nick Scott is 27 and knows the league at this point. No way Battle comes into camp and is better by end of summer.

- I could see, however, the Bengals moving Dax Hill to more of a Hilton role with DJ Turner being Chido's replacement.

This has Nick Scott playing more FS and Battle taking the Von Bell role of hybrid/SS.

- But where does this have Tycen Anderson? The Bengals traded up for him in last year's draft.

The Bengals have a lot - TOO MUCH - draft capital wrapped up in the S position: Hill, Anderson, Battle

The Bengals have 2 vet S: Michael Thomas (looked to as strong ST value) & Nick Scott

Safety is not a critical position in the 2ndary. It's the least important. So, this idea that they need to keep loading up is really odd to me unless they are moving Dax Hill to nickel CB. I would prefer that, to be honest. He was a better nickel CB than S in college.

I’m aligned with your thought process. The Bengals are staying true to their board. Only time will tell if it was the right strategy.
Romo “ so impressed with Zac ...1 of the best in the NFL… they are just fundamentally sound. Taylor the best winning % in the Playoffs of current coaches. Joe Burrow” Zac is the best head coach in the NFL & that gives me a lot of confidence." Taylor led the Bengals to their first playoff win since 1990, ending the longest active drought in the four major North American sports, en and appeared in Super Bowl LVI, the first since 1988.

Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Welcome to the Jungle Jordan Battle - Soonerpeace - 04-29-2023, 09:48 AM