Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Is Brandon Allen Still the Backup QB?
(05-03-2023, 12:18 PM)Truck_1_0_1_ Wrote: Macaroni is shit, always has been, always will be.

He's now a 10 year vet in (a) professional leagues and his pocket awareness is still just awful, not to mention he still makes a bad decision here and there.

They should've gotten a young guy in the lower rounds/UDFA and groomed him to be a career clipboard holder, ala Allen, Painter, Sorgi, etc.

Hell, I'd take Drew Plitt back over Browning: I really don't see why people love him so much, he's worse than BA.

It wouldn't matter if McCarron was a good backup QB, I don't think he'd ever return to the Bengals after he filed that grievance against the Bengals to count his rookie year and get to be a FA sooner. I'd imagine the Bengals FO wouldn't want him on their team again after that.
Not to mention what he was quoted after winning the grievance...
Quote:...it's just awesome just to be free now and to hopefully get that opportunity and be able to compete somewhere. That's all I've ever wanted. I'm just super excited. Just really excited that I get that opportunity now and I just can't wait to just showcase what I can do and show a team that I can lead a team and win ballgames.
https://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/22456899/aj-mccarron-wins-grievance-cincinnati-bengals-unrestricted-free-agent

He basically didn't want to be a backup and wanted to have an opportunity to start instead, didn't matter if he had to take lower money.

So he's likely going to stay in one of the other leagues where he gets that opportunity.
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Is Brandon Allen Still the Backup QB? - ochocincos - 05-04-2023, 11:57 AM