Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Chase Brown VS Joe Mixon. The starting job isn’t in jeopardy, or is it?
The more i learn about Chase Brown the more i fear for Mixon’s football life. As a starter.

Chase and Mixon have a lot of similarities. Both can be bell cows. Both have great hands out the backfield.

Mixon is stronger but Chase is faster. Both aren’t really pass protection backs, but while we’ve given up on Mixon becoming one, Chase Brown still has a chance to add that to his game and he seems more willing to at least try and become a pass protection running back.

Will this extra effort Chase gives in pass pro win him the starting job?

At draft i would’ve said no, and Joe is the obvious starter.

But if both guys can catch, Chase is faster and gives more effort in pass pro, i don’t really see him being the backup for long. At a certain point Chase’s 4.38 speed and willingness to block will win out. If we get the same Mixon we got last year then this kid should be a starter by the end of the season.

Now I’m not saying he’s going to take most of Mixon’s snaps. This will be a 2 headed monster. I think the snaps will go 60-40. So even if Mixon does get demoted to backup, he will still play a lot. I think the carry count will be waaaay more even than it was with Mixon and Perine. The coaches are going to have a hard time not playing 4.38 speed that can catch.

As a final thought i think it’s in Mixon’s best interest if he prays to god at night that Chase Brown just doesn’t like pass blocking. If it turns out that Chase Brown is a great pass protection back, then Mixon won’t start long.
-Housh
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
Chase Brown VS Joe Mixon. The starting job isn’t in jeopardy, or is it? - Housh - 05-02-2023, 03:16 PM