Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Chase Brown VS Joe Mixon. The starting job isn’t in jeopardy, or is it?
(05-03-2023, 09:43 AM)ochocincos Wrote: I wasn't trying to split hairs.
I was originally asking if you meant 220 because that's what he was most recently.

But regardless, when I think of a 230+ lb RB, I think of a bulldozer that runs through people rather than try to go around them. A guy who has no problem picking up short yardage. I don't see that with Mixon.

The quote that you would have drawn from is underlined below. I threw out the 6 foot 1 230 pounds from memory of what I thought his Combine numbers were to make the point about Mixon being more of a Bell Cow in comparison to Chase Brown. My memory was close to the Combine numbers.

Chase Brown could secure RB2 and then shine as the season progresses to gain some playing time but Mixon has more of a Bell Cow body at 6 foot 1  230 pounds to wear on Defenses and for short yardage.

With that said, I agree that Mixon attempts to be more elusive when he runs versus trying to use the size he has to Bull Doze people. I think that Mixon is effective in short yardage though as you imply his style may be first to elude versus what may be a more impressive plowing style that say Perine possesses.

Things like this are fun for me to discuss and other Posters input creates even deeper thought from me about whatever is being discussed.

I'd say that you are one of my Top 3 favorite Posters on the Board to read so this has always been an all is good conversation.
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Chase Brown VS Joe Mixon. The starting job isn’t in jeopardy, or is it? - depthchart - 05-03-2023, 11:32 AM