Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Chase Brown VS Joe Mixon. The starting job isn’t in jeopardy, or is it?
(05-03-2023, 01:43 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: Yes sir. All great points. I am not overly concerned with Chase Brown's fumbling problems either. He was the most solid RB in 
the Draft at the time we picked him in the 5th round by far IMO. I think Bijan Robinson is much more pro ready, but a RB like 
Chase Brown where we got him is crazy good value. There are a lot of RB's that were flashy I liked better in Gibbs and Spears
and maybe Achane with that speed, but Chase Brown got a ton of pass protection snaps and touches as you note to show what
he has more than these flashy RB's. 

Wanted Gibbs a ton, but that was reach that early. Spears had a bad injury and Achane and Keeton Mitchell are small.

Yep, we want to win the entire thing, bad...

I have confidence in the best players starting now unlike when we had Marvin Lewis as the HC. If Mixon is sticking around
and looking good leading up to the season he should be the starter with both Chase Brown and Trayveon Williams taking the 
3rd down back duties. Sure would be nice if Mixon really worked on his pass protection this year, he would make us much less
predictable in our sets if he did and became okay at it.

I hear that about predictability but my question is if they see a substitution for Mixon if they think it’s just as a blocker doesn’t it actually work in our favor on a screen? I mean even if Joe were to stay in isn’t it likely a passing down? Most times they are throwing to Chase, Tee, or Boyd? I just was never bothered that it made us more predictable. I thought it opened it up for screens to Samaje which often broke open.
Romo “ so impressed with Zac ...1 of the best in the NFL… they are just fundamentally sound. Taylor the best winning % in the Playoffs of current coaches. Joe Burrow” Zac is the best head coach in the NFL & that gives me a lot of confidence." Taylor led the Bengals to their first playoff win since 1990, ending the longest active drought in the four major North American sports, en and appeared in Super Bowl LVI, the first since 1988.

Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Chase Brown VS Joe Mixon. The starting job isn’t in jeopardy, or is it? - Soonerpeace - 05-03-2023, 02:14 PM