Poll: Is this team overall better than last year?
Yes, better
No, worse
Not sure
[Show Results]

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Is the team better now compared to last year?
(05-03-2023, 04:13 PM)higgy100 Wrote: We're a better team. Certainly much better on the OL and the DL and you won't win consistently if you can't be good at least on one side. People forget Hendrickson was hurt for over a dozen games which nullified the pass rush. 

Yeah, and Trey had a broken wrist throughout the Playoffs and he still got some pressure, but that cannot be fun when you are a pass 
rusher. Carman coming around in the Playoffs also brings hope that he might not be a bust, we will see if it was only playing Guard that
messed with him if he plays well at RT.

If a 3-Tech comes out of nowhere on this team that can pressure from the middle who knows how good our D can be with the additions
of Myles Murphy, Brick Scott, Tarrell Basham, DJ Turner and Jordan Battle. I expect major growth from Daxton Hill and CTB too this year.

(05-03-2023, 04:30 PM)tms Wrote: My only thought about this is that the environment is slightly more conducive to success. Last year they were defending AFC Champs. Skeptics wondered if they were a one-hit wonder, etc. That's pressure you have to learn to deal with and it isn't always welcome. This year, it's understood that they're a contender. They don't have to measure up to last year so much as reach a new level. They're looking forward instead of being anchored to questions about the past. I don't know if it was ever a problem but they're less distracted now. That's invigorating. I'm excited to see where it leads.

Nice post TMS. It is exciting, we even started out 0-2 and the question of the year before being a fluke was asked to an even higher 
extent because of it. Last year was about proving we belong and boy did we...

This year it is about proving we are the best team in the NFL and winning it all.

(05-03-2023, 04:56 PM)depthchart Wrote: .

There is also the Coaching Staff itself which has been gaining Big Game experience Coaching against the Rams, Chiefs, Bills etc in Playoff situations these past few years.

I have heard many players and Coaches say that Playoff Games, Conference Championship games and Super Bowls are another level of pressure coupled with going up against the very best players & Coaches in Win or go home situations.  

It wasn't long ago that Zac Taylor was an inexperienced Head Coach but as each year has passed recently he and his Staff have gained Playoff level knowledge. Beating the Bills in the Playoffs on the road last year plus another AFC Championship game in Arrowhead against Andy Reid has to have this Coaching Staff more knowledgeable & better equipped for 2023 than they were for 2022.

Great post Depthchart. So true, the Coaching Staff is still completely intact and not many teams can say this after having the 
last 2 seasons we had. We now have been there before and know how to beat the best. I like our chances if we can stay some
what healthy with this roster and these coaches.
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Is the team better now compared to last year? - Nate (formerly eliminate08) - 05-03-2023, 05:27 PM