Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 2 Average
Why the Bengals have embraced the lightest offseason schedule in the NFL
(05-30-2023, 10:55 AM)SladeX Wrote: No young man wants to hear that stuff. They’re bulletproof and life’s highway stretches endlessly ahead…

Yep, a story as old as time. I work out with my father-in-law 4x per week. He was that way. He is 61 and still unbelievably strong - just hit 495 on squat a couple of weeks ago - but he has also had 7 shoulder surgeries. He has a hard time putting his hand behand his head. When he was younger he never stretched, warmed up, or took care of himself in general and just worked out hard. He pays the price now. Same thing with my dad but with his knees and back. I have been working to avoid that but I also have some lingering injuries from when I was in my early 20's and enjoying my "unlimited" athleticism. 

A lot of stretching and warming up before I do any sports nowadays, and I'm only 30. It's a marathon not a sprint, they say. Of course, these guys are all stretching and warming up like they should. They just play a brutal sport. 
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Why the Bengals have embraced the lightest offseason schedule in the NFL - KillerGoose - 05-30-2023, 11:05 AM