Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 2 Average
DJ Reader estimated extension value (per Sportrac)
(06-08-2023, 08:42 AM)Ell Prez Wrote: Great post and I would say these past two years, there’s a strong argument that Reader was more important and better than Higgins. However, I don’t agree the statement holds true going forward in 2024 and on. Reader is coming off back to back injured years and will be 30 next contract. There’s a steep decline after 30.

I’d put my money into Higgins and draft/sign/trade to replace reader.

The injuries and age actually might make Reader more affordable honestly. I would still extend him or at the very least Tag him after 
this season. DJ will not be easily replaced by a Draft pick or in a trade or FA. With Tee, he will command a ton of money being so young
and we added a talented WR in Iosivas who might be able to be a stud in a couple years. Bottom line, we need to keep Chase more 
than Tee if we want to afford all the guys we have after the Burrow contract.

As Sunset said, we should look to extend our best OL in Cappa and Karras in a couple years too. Took us forever to get a stud RG and
a damn good Center and leader. Keep these guys around.

One reason we could extend both Tee and Chase is their contracts would offset as they would be different years, but I don't want us to
do it unless we can still keep the trenches stacked. That is where you win games, in the trenches.
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: DJ Reader estimated extension value (per Sportrac) - Nate (formerly eliminate08) - 06-08-2023, 01:28 PM