Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 1 Average
Ballpark Range To Keep Burrow Long Term This Summer
The going rate for a Top QB is 250 Million over 5 years. That is the new level mark of highest paid QB's, and Burrow will fall into that bracket. So Bengals can forget keeping one of best QBs in game on The Cheap. Hopefully Bengals get this done before start of season, because Bengals almost never talk contracts once season starts, they feel it is time to play football.

I mention this because ESPN home page today is about what it will take to keep Burrow, and they point out what Lemar Jackson and some others are now getting. I don't even want to see Bengals try to go Cheap on this, just get Burrow resigned long term. He's becoming the best quarterback Bengals have ever had, and still early in his career. With Burrow, the Bengals are a good team. Without Burrow, this team goes back to last place. So I hope they get him resigned this Summer. Around 250 Million over 5 years is the going rate.

These new quarterback wages should make NFL raise the teams salary cap limit. The cap limit is going to need raised by NFL to adjust to this. Hopefully NFL does this so Bengals can keep other key players. Not just Bengals, all teams will need cap raised if QB pay go's up this much across the board.
1968 Bengal Fan
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
Ballpark Range To Keep Burrow Long Term This Summer - kevin - 06-15-2023, 01:47 PM