Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Stability...its boring but its better than the alternative
(12-03-2015, 07:16 PM)ExtraRadiohead Wrote: Isn't that what they did with Mike Holmgrem though?

I was a little nervous because I thought they were finally going to build something in Cleveland when they gave him the keys. I can't really remember how that ended though. Probably wasn't pretty considering the franchise. That probably is still their best bet. I'm not even sure how they're going to lure anyone like that back into their fold though.

Holmgren was the last president before Haslam bought the team. Holmgren didn't last a year with Haslam in charge. When Holmgren took over you could see that the game had passed him by. He flat out overruled the whole draft room to take Colt McCoy in 2010. Then he panicked in 2012 and just took Brandon Weeden. They wanted Kendal Wright so bad that year. Also, signing Pat Shurmur was an awful move. Very few people praised that move.

There's something about Cleveland that just saps all football intelligence out of a person.

(12-04-2015, 02:41 PM)Nately120 Wrote: Not to mention Mike Brown wasn't going to change anything after 2010 (er, right?).  He was going to keep everything the same and we'd roll into 2011 with Marvin, Palmer, Ocho, Bratkowski, Mike making all the decisions, and so on and so forth.

Pretty much. People ***** about Carson, but his holdout is what brought change here. Firing Brat was basically a ploy to get him to come back. That seemed to be Mike Brown's wake up call.
You can always trust an dishonest man to be dishonest. Honestly, it's the honest ones you have to look out for.
"Winning makes believers of us all"-Paul Brown
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Stability...its boring but its better than the alternative - Bengal Dude - 12-04-2015, 05:18 PM