Thread Rating:
  • 4 Vote(s) - 2.25 Average
Is it OK for biological males to compete against women?
(06-22-2023, 03:12 AM)treee Wrote: There are studies that show bringing hormone levels of a transfemme (people born as a male with a predominantly feminine identity or gender expression) person to be more in line with your average female does eliminate some specific advantages even after they've gone through male puberty. That said it is still an area of active study and is far from settled. I predict that once the dust settles, the advantage of male puberty will vary from sport to sport. I agree with Pally that it should be up to the individual sports leagues and that it is a waste of congressional time to try to legislate it in such a hamfisted way.

I'm sure the capital class loves us squabbling over this instead of building working class solidarity though.

This is how I feel too.

There are so few trans athletes that they can literally be reviewed and approved (or denied) by a board of people as necessary for any particular league. Some trans athletes may have too high of an advantage relative to their cis counterparts, some may not. Trying to make a one size fits all law for such a small percentage of people is ridiculous.

I understand people who feel uneasy about the topic. It's a touchy subject to be sure.

My problem is with the politicians and tv show hosts who use it to manipulate people into voting for politicians that will do nothing for them other than solve the "major problems" that they essentially invented out of whole cloth. It's a waste of time, money and, quite frankly, outrage. This is not worth being upset about or determining who you vote for about.
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Is it OK for biological males to compete against women? - CJD - 06-22-2023, 09:40 AM