Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 3 Average
Are Republicans under estimating Joe Biden
(06-28-2023, 12:47 PM)Luvnit2 Wrote: I am very calm. I see a lot of people stating I am not representing the truth. So , I will recap and feel free to counter facts of things I state that are not true.

I for one don't necessarily think you say untrue things. I rather think you intensely pre-select the truths, or say the information, you present. You use everything that can be used to help the conservative case (hurt the liberal case) and throw everything out that can not. You filter it. And then you present your sifted out sets of information to interpret them in your way, to paint the picture you want to see. You treat said picture as the one and only truth and keep ignoring all facts given to you that contradict that narrowed perspective of yours.
Then, if things don't really go your way in the ensuing debates, eg because people keep bringing up the information you want to ignore out of existence, you revert back to stage 1, leaving the debates be and presenting your extensive, pre-selected list of information once more, starting over with this distorted picture. And in a sense, I get it. You have two political philosophies to choose from and this kind of commitment is the result of that, and it's many Americans from both lanes acting in that manner in varying intensity, not just you. But for sure it also makes conversations with you (as well as with many Americans) pointless and utterly frustrating. Especially since you are not exactly brad, but have shown in many not so political topics that you are smarter and more sophisticated than that. Meaning that you are probably not just mindlessly parroting points, but are very well aware of the rhetorical tactics you deploy as described. But like a good party soldier, you still play this part anyway. That's what I would accuse you of.

As of your facts, I see they were already discussed with you time and again, no need to repeat other posters' answers on that really. I don't call any of your points false (in some cases I don't know), I call your interpretation and conclusions faulty and selective (like equating Biden's documents case to Trump's and so on). Hunter's a POS and probably got some leniency, that much I'd agree with.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Are Republicans under estimating Joe Biden - hollodero - 06-29-2023, 09:13 AM