Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Callahan Says Burrow is Becoming Like A Coach!
Whenever I think it's impossible for Burrow to further impress me and convince me of his future GOAT status, he one-ups himself.

Brian Callahan is saying that, entering year four, Burrow has become like a coach on the field.

Quote:"It's fun for me this year with Burrow it's been, we get to these meetings and we watch 7-on-7 together," Callahan said. "Joe almost coaches those guys, he's very clear on what he expects from certain routes, where he wants guys to be the timing that it happens. It's really fun to listen to him explain to everybody what he wants. So when he's making a coaching point to Irv Smith. At some point, all the tight ends are supposed to hear that."

I know that, in 7-on-7 drills, you pretty much learn the receiver's tendencies and know when they're going to break, which being on the same page is a reason why Burrow and Chase are so effective, but Burrow flat-out telling receivers where he wants and expects them to be is amazing,

It will make our offense a well-oiled machine and be so much more difficult to stop because you have defensive backs trying to cover some of the best athletes in the world and it's basically just them trying to guess what a receiver will do.

I also love how it's rubbing off on young guys because they'll try and copy everything that Chase does and they'll also be on the same page as Burrow:

Quote:"When he's talking to Ja'Marr (Chase) about something all those young receivers are gonna hear it. And so, that part's really fun because he's got mastery over our system now, which is a really cool thing to watch him grow in that and be able to almost become more like a coach."

That also has to inspire the rest of the team because they know that, with a quarterback that's this much of a perfectionist and putting in this much work, they have to be on their A game or risk letting Burrow and the rest of the team down.

Quote:He's the most accurate quarterback in NFL history, so Burrow doesn't have a ton of mechanical things to improve as he keeps working on the endless amount of football knowledge a star quarterback can build on.

Give him protection and receivers that he can count on and he'll dominate.

It's a new and incredible era in The Jungle.
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
Callahan Says Burrow is Becoming Like A Coach! - BFritz21 - 06-27-2023, 12:50 PM