Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
When you realize your own memory was wrong.
I am sure I have probably told the story here before about seeing Michael Jordan play in Chapel Hill in his college days. I was attending UT-Chattanooga in '83-'84. The Mocs had two future NBA players including one, Gerald Wilkens, who played 13 seasons and averaged 13.0 points per game. They finished that season ranked 15th in the country.

I remember seeing the game in the small fieldhouse the Tarheels played in back then before the DeanDome. We had gotten tickets from the basketball players so we were just a few rows from the floor. Worthy was gone, but North Carolina still had Jordan, Sam Perkins, and Brad Daugherty. The game was close until the end but the Tarheels hung on to win. There were other details of that roadtrip that make it one of my all time favorite college memories.

But I just recently found out that I was not remembering the game correctly. North Carolina won that game 85-63. The game I am remembering happened the previous year in Chattanooga. Pretty much the same teams, but in '82-'83 Jordan and the Heels had to come from behind in the second half to scrape out a 73-66 win on the road. I saw both of those games but over the years my mind had kind of jammed them together.

Any of you have an experience where you realized your meories were false?
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
When you realize your own memory was wrong. - fredtoast - 12-03-2015, 01:37 AM