Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
PFF Article on How Joe Burrow's Contract Extension Could Play Out
https://www.pff.com/news/nfl-latest-joe-burrow-upcoming-extension-cincinnati-bengals

I think the article brings up some interesting points about Burrow's contract and the Bengals' history as it pertains to negotiating with star players/quarterbacks, and also how they have changed their rigid stance on those negotiations as time has gone on.

Just thought it was an interesting read as it pertains to Bengals contract negotiation history. I think that the sticking point will almost surely be the guaranteed money, but at the same time the Bengals realize that this is something they have to break all their prior precedents to get done. The question then, of course, is what impact that has on the team as a whole and the other players who need paid also.

What I also found interesting was that if the Bengals break their precedent as to paying out guaranteed money to Burrow, does that open the door for the same thing to happen for our other impact players?
"I'm not going to accept losing"

-- Joe Burrow
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
PFF Article on How Joe Burrow's Contract Extension Could Play Out - chrisball96 - 08-02-2023, 05:13 PM