Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
How do you like going into the year with HIGH expectations?
(10-17-2023, 02:22 PM)WeezyBengal Wrote: I am not optimistic. But its more so circumstantial than anything. Being a game out and having the Ravens, Steelers, and now the emerging Browns as a threat to all win the division really hurts our chances.

This team needed a fast start due to their schedule and they didn't really get it. I know it's because Burrow was hurt more than anything else, but it is what it is.

That being said, they still have it all in front of them. Certainly not out of it yet but its going to be a lot harder this year than it was in years past.

After 6 weeks:

2021 - 4 and 2. Remaining opponents had a combined 56% win percentage (as of end of week 6). Bengals go 6-5.

2022 - 3 and 3. Remaining opponents had a combined 49% win percentage. Bengals go 9-1 with a NA for bills.

2023 - 3 and 3. Remaining opponents have a combined 62% win percentage.

So yes, it “seems” like a harder road ahead. However, we still get 3 of the AFCs teams, and three AFCS teams I feel we match up well against, titans are the outlier.

My prediction is we go 1-1 out of the bye (unsure who we beat/lose to). Weeks 9-15 we win out (Texans, ravens, Steelers, jags, colts, Vikings, Steelers), and then drop the chiefs, and beat the browns in week 17. 11-5 finish. Maybe that’s the division, maybe a wild card.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: How do you like going into the year with HIGH expectations? - Bengalbug - 10-19-2023, 11:56 AM