Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
First preseason game overreaction thread
It's so hard to gauge where they stand after that game. No starters played, but our 2nd string (defense in particular) hung with GB's 1st team. Anderson grabbing two picks was nice. There are definitely some concerns on the OL, but you're not likely to have to plug that whole group in during the season, just maybe one or two at points through the year. So how do they perform when surrounded by more talent? And how do they all look (both sides of the ball) when they're playing full effort with a wide-open playbook?

Personally, I have no overactions to the game. It went exactly like I figured it would. The backup QBs are not good and we're in trouble without JB. The OL doesn't have very good depth at all, which is the one thing that scares me. Lots of developing guys, but some flashes from young guys. The reaction I have is thank god the team isn't having to rely on anyone who played that game to be a leader when the season starts. I'd rather have guys on a development curve at this point than have backups flying so high we can't keep them on the PS or won't be willing to ride the pine this season.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: First preseason game overreaction thread - MileHighGrowler - 08-14-2023, 11:30 AM