Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
ESPN "Ranking top 10 QBs by trait" Article
Great article, thanks for posting. I like the structure of it. I think they did a good job of not worrying about Overall rankings, since those would have set us off. Can't disagree with many of these individual categories.

I might have a small bone to pick with Toughness, tho. I'll give them Mahomes, but I don't know about Allen. Burrow's just a force of nature in that sense. Allen was bullied off the field in January, for example; I don't think Burrow's ever been (or ever will be) bullied off the field. That's just a personal opinion. Wink

Decision-making is a great category. I don't know what the best way is to measure something like that, but I figure pick-sixes are a good place to start, and Burrow has had twice as many as Mahomes over the past two years (4 to 2). But other than that, he's had to play at a much higher mental speed than anyone in the league, including Mahomes, and he's done it with aplomb. I think the risks that he takes are calculated even if they end up in the worst case outcome (i.e., pick-six), and he'll earn that credit as he gets older like Rodgers did.

What's more, his decisions off the field are excellent too. He's a consummate professional who keeps his private life private. His "noise factor" (e.g, Jackson/Brittany Mahomes, Ayahuasca adventures and darkness retreats, etc.) is minimal. Kind of reminds me of Peyton Manning in that regard. Makes life easy on his teammates, which should count as decision-making in its own right. I don't know if that belongs in an analysis like this but it belongs somewhere. I just love Joe Burrow, man. His football traits are only one-upped by his non-football ones.
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: ESPN "Ranking top 10 QBs by trait" Article - tms - 08-14-2023, 11:45 PM