Thread Rating:
  • 3 Vote(s) - 3.67 Average
Are we on the verge of a civil war?
(08-15-2023, 08:49 AM)Mickeypoo Wrote: I know of no one who is getting raises even remotely big enough to keep up with inflation.  Pennies on the dollar.

If you are looking at the gov't faked inflation numbers then I am sure they make it look good.  That will happen when you ignore all the major household expenses in the inflation numbers.

My core bills have not gotten any better.  Not at all.  They continue to stay highly elevated or getting worse.

My electric and gas bill and still up 50% and 75% with no relief in sight with all this anti fossil fuel bs.
Gas is now up to 4.00.  Was 2.20 when Biden took office.
Groceries are still up 30%-100% depending on product.

In the real world where I live there is nothing that is getting better money wise.  Fake gov't numbers don't make it true.  My bills and grocery receipts don't lie.

Don't forget about interest rates that continue to climb.  Credit card debt at now over 1 trillion and those interest rates going up.

Or the vehicle prices that are still highly inflated.  I just built my identical truck.  2020 vs 2023.  11k more for the same truck.

With all that said I certainly hope you are right, but that has not started yet as I and many others have had zero relief on top of gas going up (in my area) almost 50 cents.  Nothing else has come down.  Me and my coworkers all received a 1% raise this year.  I'm down 700-800 a month since Biden.

True, but have you seen the new contract the UPS workers received?  They'll be making an average of $170,000 in pay and benefits annually, by the end of their 5 year contract.  Pretty damn good money!
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Are we on the verge of a civil war? - Foolishpride - 08-15-2023, 09:53 AM