Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Why didn't the Bengals add a proven RB in the offseason
(08-24-2023, 10:12 PM)TheFan Wrote: Yea, I mean 0.1 is hardly statically significant. 

But weeks 1-8 he averaged 3.3 ypc with 1 yard after contact
And weeks 9-17 he averaged 5.1 ypc with 2.5 yards after contact

That's a pretty big difference. I don't think Mixon is a top 5 back but I don't think he's a bottom 5 back either like some act. We know he was battling an ankle injury during the early part of the year and it's just as much on the coaches as it is him for them continually running him out there to subpar results when injured.

It doesn't need to be significant. You all were talking about Mixon's yards after contact as if he were getting hit much earlier in 2022 than he was in 2021, not letting him build up a head of steam so he couldn't get any yards after contact. So ANY amount more is significant because it shows he wasn't getting hit earlier in 2022, but later. He had *more* steam in 2022 and still got less yards after contact.

Weeks 10-17 he averaged 3.9 YPC. Anytime you include that Carolina game in a 6 game sample size, it's going to horribly skew it. That's why I was using a whole season vs a whole season, because even with the Carolina game he was still worse.

[Image: jamarr-chase.gif]
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Why didn't the Bengals add a proven RB in the offseason - TheLeonardLeap - 08-25-2023, 01:33 AM