Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Do I Take Chase First Overall?!
I have the top overall pick in the league with my best friends from childhood/grade school/high school tonight, and I'm torn on who to take.

I'm trying to take emotion out of it, but I can't help but wanting to take Chase with the top pick, even though every site has Jefferson going first.

Chase finished third in red zone targets last season, despite playing in four less games, and ranked 2nd in PPG, trailing Jefferson by only .5 or less (I think).

Our offensive line was also finished 28th last year, but is ranked in the top twelve this season by ESPN and similarly ranked by most sites, give or take three or four spots.

Burrow should just dominate with more time and he'll obviously be looking for Chase, especially on deep balls. If he can complete one deep ball a game and get around one score a game, that would easily make him worth the top pick.

I woke up having changed my mind to the point where I wasn't going to take Chase with the top pick, but all those facts have me wanting to take Chase!

I wasn't sold on Chase overall and I would have chosen the second spot and still took Chase (if that's what I decided), but I love choosing two picks back-to-back and, being in a league from this area (and one Steelers fan), I couldn't risk him being gone.

I doubt Burrow will make it to my 4th round pick, but I'm obviously pulling the trigger and chalking up a title if he does.

Am I wrong about this?
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
Do I Take Chase First Overall?! - BFritz21 - 09-05-2023, 02:10 PM