Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Interesting Burrow article
I almost didn't read this because I figured that it would be another fluff piece or just more praise for Burrow without much substance, but I was smiling and loving the entire read! It was a lot longer than I figured and I'd normally stop reading articles that long and just skim over the important parts, but I couldn't stop reading!

I knew his dad was a coach, but I didn't know he was a defensive back's coach and that helping Burrow's diagnosis of coverages and overall defensive schemes if UNREAL!

If we invest in his protection, he'll outscore any team and win us a bunch of titles!

WHO-DEY!

(09-07-2023, 11:48 AM)WeezyBengal Wrote: I stopped reading at this line:

"In the three years since Burrow arrived in Cincinnati, the Bengals have transformed from NFL punchline to annual contender"

The Bengals haven't been a punchline since the 90s. Such a tired narrative that the Bengals have had zero success since Burrow arrived.

I disagree completely.

Yes, we won some with Palmer starting in '04 (and even decent with Kitna in '03), but we were never really a serious threat (especially after Palmer's injury) and we always had players with legal troubles.

We weren't as much of a joke when AJ and Dalton got here because we were winning and making the playoffs, but we couldn't win a game in the playoffs and were just never really considered a serious contender. 

Now, we're becoming one of the strongest organizations in football, thanks to Burrow.
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
Interesting Burrow article - pally - 09-07-2023, 09:46 AM
RE: Interesting Burrow article - CJD - 09-07-2023, 11:51 AM
RE: Interesting Burrow article - Sled21 - 09-07-2023, 01:13 PM
RE: Interesting Burrow article - Sled21 - 09-07-2023, 02:12 PM
RE: Interesting Burrow article - HarleyDog - 09-07-2023, 01:37 PM
RE: Interesting Burrow article - BFritz21 - 09-07-2023, 03:00 PM