Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
FTC and 17 states (16 Democrat) sue Amazon
The shit some democrats do just gets more baffling....

https://www.cbsnews.com/news/ftc-amazon-lawsuit-17-states-monopoly/

Lina Kahn just keeps coming up with (and losing) the silliest lawsuits. She's already struck out on Amazon once and most recently the Microsoft/Blizzard acquisition.

It seems the lawsuit is focused (this time) on the Amazon marketplace and it's resellers. Apparently some vendors have complained that being "forced" into meeting certain requirements to be listed as a "Prime" seller are cumbersome and make their business unprofitable.

Quote:The lawsuit alleges that Amazon is illegally undermining competition in two markets — the company's online superstore that most consumers are familiar with, as well as the market for online marketplace services bought by sellers.

Amazon uses anti-discounting techniques to deter online retailers from offering lower prices than those available on Amazon, according to the government. The retailer will "bury discounting sellers so far down in Amazon's search results that they become effectively invisible," the FTC alleges.

The lawsuit also contends that Amazon pushes sellers to use its expensive fulfillment service in exchange for obtaining "Prime" eligibility for their products, which the FTC noted is a "virtual necessity for doing business on Amazon."

I've always felt you could get cheaper prices on Amazon than literally any retail store. I don't think politicians are using the platform correctly.

The cynic in me is thinking this lawsuit is just a cover to force the stock price down 10-15% so politicians can buy in and make a pretty dollar. :)
-The only bengals fan that has never set foot in Cincinnati 1-15-22
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
FTC and 17 states (16 Democrat) sue Amazon - basballguy - 09-26-2023, 05:32 PM