Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 3 Average
Offense Run Game Adjustment
Coaches have dug deep into the playbook (actually I think they just added it) and busted out the Pistol. However the only real way this will work is if we had a fb or used a TE as a lead block.

They tried to create a new run fit (something they should have done back in July). I don't think they committed to it and I don't think Rams were caught off guard with the switch up, and it didn't seem to lead to anything that would make you think they should continue with it.

If Burrow is unable to go under center and they are trying to switch it up by adding the Pistol, they are going to have to commit to it and run successfully out of it if they want it to work. It didn't look like they were committed to it and thus it failed.

Will the Pistol work with no FB? Will it work consistently in the NFL? Do you guys think they should continue to develop the offense around it and see where it goes? Or throw it all out since having a RB that many yards away from the line of scrimmage isn't really ideal....

Thoughts?
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Quote:"Success doesn’t mean every single move they make is good" ~ Anonymous 
"Let not the dumb have to educate" ~ jj22
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
Offense Run Game Adjustment - jj22 - 09-27-2023, 02:20 PM
RE: Offense Run Game Adjustment - jj22 - 09-27-2023, 02:24 PM
RE: Offense Run Game Adjustment - rfaulk34 - 09-28-2023, 10:45 AM
RE: Offense Run Game Adjustment - Joelist - 09-28-2023, 01:32 PM
RE: Offense Run Game Adjustment - puddycat - 09-28-2023, 04:03 PM