Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Start AJ McCarron or Jake Browning
(10-04-2023, 01:17 AM)Shake n Blake Wrote: Fair enough. I guess if we're going to lose anyway, may as well be entertained, and I'm more interested in seeing if McCarron can offer anything as a backup than watching a 50% Joe Burrow limp through another 3 point game.

Just seems like a better story to me. One of hope rather than "oh, look, there's our broken QB throwing another 5 yard out".

I don't see why they can't let Browning and McCarron share reps in practice.  Burrow isn't going to practice much due to injury.  See which back-up has the best practice week and start him.  It's painfully clear that Burrow is too injured to play like Burrow.  Maybe some rest and Burrow comes back after bye week and looks like Burrow again.  Burrow just gave Bengals their best 2 back to back seasons in Bengals History, and every reason to think that if Bengals let Burrows calf injury heal, he will lead this team to many victories in the future, but not limping around as he is now.  I don't see why they can't let Browning and McCarron share the 1st string practice reps this week, and see who looks best.  Browning has the edge on the playbook, McCarron was Marvin's playbook which is long gone.  Still, give both a look see in practice and let the best practice week QB start this Sunday, and rest Burrow's leg because this team is only a good as Joe Burrow is.  
1968 Bengal Fan
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Start AJ McCarron or Jake Browning - kevin - 10-04-2023, 04:45 PM