Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
We seem to be in wait and see mode...
Okay we lost bad. Let's all breathe in and breathe out. It's also possible the season is a wash - same thing - breathe in and breathe out.

As is our want we all (me included) start riding our hobby horses whenever the team struggles. And to be honest that is a mark of true fans as opposed to casuals. So we've had fire [insert name of coaches we don't like], bench [insert name of player(s) we feel is not performing] and so on. It's therapeutic but we should also note we have no authority in these matters.

The team right now is in a rut that is actually pretty strange. Defensively, a lot of us expected the inexperienced secondary to have problems settling in but few expected we would be THIS bad against the run and blowing coverages THIS often. Hopefully they get their act together soon enough to be respectable.

Offensively I am pretty sure no one expected Burrow to be THIS off, calf or no. You can see it when he throws, his mechanics are off and as a result he lacks his customary pinpoint accuracy. He also does not roll, shift, climb the pocket or do anything - he is immobile back there. This is making it much harder for the OL to get into any rhythm. Arguments can be made both for and against sitting him - my position is that sitting doesn't heal the calf BUT if he can't operate the offense he probably needs to sit a bit.

And yes the line needs to do better but in the same vein we need to be calling plays that cater to their strengths (power). One of my hobby horses is the need for us to ditch the wide zone completely, so every time I see them wheel it out it aggravates. This line is not built for it. And also yes the receivers need to be better at not dropping balls and at getting off coverage. The offensive failures are unit wide like the defensive ones.

All we can do as fans is wait and see. Which is frustrating of course. Hopefully against AZ they can get it together enough to win so that the following game they can hope to get back to .500.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
We seem to be in wait and see mode... - Joelist - 10-02-2023, 01:07 PM