Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
October Mock for 2024 NFL Draft
Assuming we will pick in the 15-25 range when all is said and done, and this first pick is going to be more of a "hope," but...

1) JC Latham, RT Alabama (6'6", 326 lb) - Ideal size and experience to come in immediately and take over the RT spot after Williams departs. If Latham isn't available, perhaps go with Amarius Mims or Jordan Morgan.

2) Christian Mahogany, OG Boston College (6'3", 330 lb) - I dunno about you, but unless Volson really comes along by the end of the year, I'm ready to try someone new to compete for the LG spot. Enter Mahogany, who plays nasty and with power. He's a glass eater that Pollack would love.
With Latham taking over at RT and Mahogany competing with Volson for LG, I think the OL would be in a rather good spot (finally).

3) Nazir Stackhouse, DT Georgia (6'3", 320 lb) - Growing DT who should be able to come in and impact immediately. He already can handle the power and physicality of the NFL, and he comes from one of the best DL schools in the nation. Let Stackhouse come in and either take Reader's spot or compete with Hill for 3T reps.

4) Luke Lachey, TE Iowa (6'5", 248 lb) - Wouldn't be surprised if Lachey starts climbing up the prospect rankings leading up to the draft, but right now he's projected a Rd 4-5 prospect. Going with him because he's proven already in college he can be a weapon in the passing game and he comes from TE U.

4) Ben Sinnott, TE/H-B Kansas St (6'4", 245 lb) - Sinnott is someone who has been labeled a true Swiss Army knife in the K-St offense, playing both TE and FB. He is a good blocker and he really finds ways to be effective as a receiver (694 yards and 6 TDs through 18 games the past two seasons). Concerns will mainly be will he have enough length/size to be a TE in the NFL, and what athleticism does he show in pre-draft process. I like what he has to offer.
https://sports.yahoo.com/kansas-state-football-tight-end-092202676.html?guccounter=1&guce_referrer=aHR0cHM6Ly9kdWNrZHVja2dvLmNvbS8&guce_referrer_sig=AQAAAFT5WN-De2szSqiyfOQL1vrcoUndVbyvFcadC-Cu_KKYlwAVJWx3T4ZUv3PzJOJ3Htp7e5TBdD9xGZ2l3Vn12Zo32ge0YaIxK96bok6n9A8C8nf_byG3uX-Jli7IRqUGzah9kFKZPbxdum2ZPTh0z9y9EN_K21HreiQRL4HDi-Ho

5) MarShawn Lloyd, RB USC (5'9", 215 lb) - Well-rounded RB who has also shown ability to pass protect. Didn't get a ton of opportunity at South Carolina, so he transferred to USC and is already at 433 rushing yards and 79 rec yards in just 5 games. He could easily end up with 1200+ yards from scrimmage by season's end. Dude looks like a powerful runner and is hard to bring down. His tape shows a guy who gets a lot of yards after contact. I saw one video of a guy saying his running style reminds him of Leonard Fournette.

While I would have liked to go with a RB earlier, I think the trenches and TE are more of an immediate need and many teams find ways to get contributions from late-round RBs early. Plus, Mixon can stick around for his final year while Lloyd and Brown spell him. If neither were to be ready to take the reins in 2025, Bengals could draft a RB early in 2025 to be the immediate RB1.
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
October Mock for 2024 NFL Draft - ochocincos - 10-04-2023, 02:12 PM
RE: October Mock for 2024 NFL Draft - J24 - 10-04-2023, 02:45 PM
RE: October Mock for 2024 NFL Draft - J24 - 10-04-2023, 03:19 PM