Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Most underappreciated Bengal: Trey Hendrickson
(10-14-2023, 12:57 AM)Shake n Blake Wrote: I'd say Hendrickson is better than just "top 10". Also, to say it's "not close" is a bit much. We're talking about a guy with 28 sacks in 36 games as a Bengal.

Nevermind all he's done in the playoffs, which is better than Atkins and Dunlap combined.

I don't think Hendrickson will be this dominant as long as Atkins was, but if he was, he'd be in the HOF conversation as well.

I'm just looking at it this way. There were times when Atkins carried the pass rush, and Hendrickson is very much doing the same thing.

As far as Dunlap, we can agree to disagree. Run defense is overrated, imo. The guys who get the most accolades are the guys bringing it to the QB's, and Hendrickson does that better than Dunlap did for the majority of his career. You can sub in a guy for the run.

I love those 2 dudes. Especially Atkins. I meant no disrespect to them, and I doubt they'd take a Trey Hendrickson comparison as an insult. The dude is a baller. I don't think his peak will last long, but it's as good as any peak I've seen, imo.

Getting the most accolades and being the most impactful are still two different things. That's like saying Fields is a top 10 QB because he was a great fantasy QB. Sacks is only part of a DEs job and Hendrickson is below average at the other part, run stopping. Geno was good at both. Like I said, I would take Hendrickson over Dunlap but to equate him to Geno is overeating him, at least in my opinion. 
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Most underappreciated Bengal: Trey Hendrickson - TheFan - 10-14-2023, 01:23 AM