Thread Rating:
  • 3 Vote(s) - 2.33 Average
Anyone worried about the lack of the vertical passing game?
(10-16-2023, 12:17 AM)Bengalholic Wrote: McDaniel is a masterful at developing run schemes...our staff, not so much. It feels like the run game is an afterthought much of the time.

I'm a huge fan of Zac the HC. Not so much as a play caller or scheme designer. His offenses have always been inconsistent, even at their best...prone to completely disappearing for stretches of games. There just hasn't been any real evolution of this offense. IMO, they lack creativity and are a little too stubborn at times. 

I would love to see them bring someone in next year that is capable of developing an effective and adaptable run game. I know Zac likes to say they're a throwing team...but it would be nice to be able to take some pressure off Joe and put it on defenses. 

Yesterday was less about schemes, pressure and  running game and more  about accuracy and improvising. Smith was way more pressured and sacked and Runnning game with Walker avg just over 3 yards but Smith was more accurate on vertical game and mobile to buy time on throws.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Anyone worried about the lack of the vertical passing game? - Essex Johnson - 10-16-2023, 07:17 AM