Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Brian Callahan going OFF on the offense
So since he's the OC is he talking about the players or himself, seems like he's been on the hotseat for a **** long time, he can't possibly come to the conclusion now that the lowest yards per game on offense is "struggling" and he has nothing to do with it - 6 games in.

Lowest total yards per game on offense, about 180 yards in the air and lowest rush yards per game.

I will give Burrow has been hurt for half of those games.

Maybe Burrow went to Callahan after the game and said "we have to be better" and it wasn't another player, lol.

Am I the only one that thinks Callahan's job is on the line? Why would he come out and say this? A normal sub-par person would act exactly like this (move the cheese and blame someone else) for their inadequacies instead of take responsibility if they felt their job was under threat, maybe I don't pay attention to his quotes. Unless there's more to these quotes I don't see him taking much responsibility at all.

We miss the playoffs Callahan should be fired. I always have the adage if we have a player or coach on our team that no other team wants, why are they on ours?

Zac Taylor and/or Callahan has to take responsibility for the offense, it's not just the players they have to execute what's asked. Tee will drop some and Burrow will be inaccurate sometimes. It's sad to think how hard the Defense plays to give Burrow the ball back entrusting him and he can only take 15 seconds off the clock, where the D has to win the game twice basically, 4th down redzones.

Shannon Sharpe had a point, Seahawks had an ego. They should have kicked the FG knowing Burrow would have given them the ball back within 15 seconds and they'd march right back down the field on them, kick another FG and game over.

Any point of the game a 15 second drive resulting in no points is terrible, and at that point of the game - what is it then.

We underperform as an offense, even in our playoff runs, the Defense has to bail us out - and that's what the Bengals are, a defensive team with a star QB and WR that everyone else focuses on. Could have easily lost to the Raiders and Titans in the 1st run.
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Brian Callahan going OFF on the offense - reuben.ahmed - 10-16-2023, 07:42 PM