Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
The sky is falling, after a dub and back to .500
(10-17-2023, 09:19 AM)Bengalbug Wrote: Relax everyone.  

Did it look good? no.
Did the bengals get the win? yes.  
Are they 3-3 after an abysmal start?  Yea!

Look around the league this week
KC struggled against Den
Bills struggled against NYG
SF lost to a short handed browns
Eagles lost to the NYJ with Zach wilson

Winning in the NFL is never easy, and it’s better to win ugly than lose pretty.

This team has played the worst football we have seen in 3 years and they have found a way to be .500 and in the thick of things.  The parity/balance in the NFL this year about as open as I can recall.  Every team in the NFL is beatable.

Burrow is getting healthier, in fact the bengals may be the healthiest team in the NFL coming out of the bye.  

Let’s take a few deep breaths, and look forward.

I have a young daughter and Disney is pretty prominent:

Rafiki – then hits Simba with a stick on the head!!  When Simba asks him “What was that for?!!”, he replies “Doesn’t matter – it’s in the past”.

Simba then says – “Yes, but it still hurts.”

Rafiki then replies with his key message – “Ah yes, the past can hurt.  But the way I see it you can either run from it or learn from it”

It’s now time to learn from the first 6 weeks and the bengals can position themselves to make a run.  The fact we are even having this conversation after the 1-3 start is a win, and it doesn’t really matter how we got here.

Yes sir, they have a lot to learn over this bye. Hopefully we see drastic adjustments on the Offensive side of the ball.

I think they can do it, we all saw last year and our slow start and how things turned around.

Not betting against this team. Zac and this staff are different. Early in the season they look terrible and somehow turn it all around 
and become about the best coached team by the end of the season. It isn't how you start, even if I wish we would start much better.
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: The sky is falling, after a dub and back to .500 - Nate (formerly eliminate08) - 10-17-2023, 01:24 PM