Thread Rating:
  • 4 Vote(s) - 2 Average
Is it OK for NYT, CNN and squad members to report misinformation
(10-27-2023, 11:44 AM)Sociopathicsteelerfan Wrote: Quote:Looks like that mistaken report of the hospital bombing is having a useful effect for Israel and the US, if it contributes to distrust of Hamas.

I don't think the evangelical position of bringing on the end of days is applicable to this discussion, nor is it really part of Dill's argument.  I understand what you're saying, but I also don't think many people make any distinction between Zionism and Jewish people in general.  Nor does Dill make any effort to indicate otherwise, although he probably will now after that amazingly bad post about Israel and the US trying to "discredit Hamas".

There is no "amazingly bad post" in which I have asserted that Israel and the US were "trying to 'discredit Hamas.'"

All I did was note what the practical effect of the misreporting will likely be on news readership, to the US and Israel's favor.
That's an effect outside the intent of any of the actors in this case. 

My comment is also an addition to discussion of supposed effects the reporting had on US interests; it disputes the assumption that the effects
can only be harmful to the US/Israel.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Is it OK for NYT, CNN and squad members to report misinformation - Dill - 10-27-2023, 05:58 PM