Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
If Votto back, do it on The Cheap
(11-05-2023, 04:52 PM)samhain Wrote: The Castellinis really out to cut you a check, Kevin.  

You might be the only fan in the tri-state area who's more than happy to amplify they poor-mouthing that ownership indulges in on a yearly basis.

Most of us know it's all crap.  This team is owned by a local cabal of businessmen who utilize the team as a source of supplemental income.  They don't give a single iota of concern for keeping the team here.  If it would make them more money, they'd have sold it 10 years ago.  

I'll let you in on a little secret: the ownership makes a lot of money off of this team.  The money they cut from payroll goes directly into their pockets.  They talk about winning, but if winning means even a small percentage of decreased profit, then profit wins out all day.  Thy say their books are upside down, but they also don't have to show you their books.  It's a giant con by near-billionaires to tug at the heartstrings of the hard-working citizenry of Cincinnati.  It's an excuse for the organization to underperform annually and it's baked into the cake.  

Yep

I've heard it for years, decades. The best place to be in financially is 2nd place. Just on the cusp of being a winner. Doing just enough to get a good amount of peeps to ballpark and buy Reds stuff to earn a profit.

But not go all in on really trying to win. Getting the true top shelf pitching. Let me say if they do I'll be shocked! Shocked And it's a shame because before you can blink an eye all this new young offensive talent will be Yankees, Red Sox, Dodgers, Astros, Philles and so on.

Anyways: here's what I came on to post

https://www.msn.com/en-us/sports/mlb/former-nl-mvp-joey-votto-drawing-interest-from-al-team/ar-AA1jBGU9?ocid=msedgdhp&pc=ASTS&cvid=9c2fd0e088044e929307f648b29716c4&ei=13

It would be cool to see him hang up his cleats after a season back at home. 
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
If Votto back, do it on The Cheap - kevin - 10-26-2023, 12:25 PM
RE: If Votto back, do it on The Cheap - bengalfan74 - 11-08-2023, 04:47 PM