Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 1 Average
IF We Get Burrow A Decent Line?
(10-30-2023, 05:17 PM)BFritz21 Wrote: Game's over. Gotta move on and look to improve.

They played decent against a good defensive front, but let's not pretend like they're not a problem.

True, but they are getting better as Burrow gets better which is awesome for all us Bengal fans at this point in the season.

I think we are going to go on a tear similar to last season but hopefully ending in a Lombardi trophy this time around.

(10-30-2023, 06:04 PM)IcoHolic Wrote: There is no way to stop guys like Garrett, Tennessee's front, Bosa. You can only hope they have an off day or you scheme well enough to minimize the damage. I think our line is getting better weekly.. which mirrors last season. It's never going to be elite with its current personnel, but it can be good enough to win the last game of the NFL season.

Nice post IcoHolic. As long as we aren't hit bad with injuries right at the worst time (right before the Playoffs) we should be much 
better than last year when our guys went down besides Ted.

(10-30-2023, 06:08 PM)Isaac Curtis: The Real #85 Wrote: It is hard for me to take the stats for this year at face value because of Burrow's decreased mobility and inability to play under center. The run game was negatively impacted. More 2nd & 3rd & longs. Less mobile QB. More sacks.

To be middle of the pack/borderline top 3rd under these circumstances is an improvement.

Truth Ike. Now we can judge better with a mobile QB how good the OL is.

The Burrow injury tilted the entire Offense where you couldn't really judge much.

(10-30-2023, 07:27 PM)jason Wrote: Joe Burrow himself has been a bigger problem than the O line at times this season.

Yes sir, the calf strain completely took away his accuracy for large parts of all the first 6 games this season for sure.
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
IF We Get Burrow A Decent Line? - BFritz21 - 10-30-2023, 03:39 PM
RE: IF We Get Burrow A Decent Line? - IcoHolic - 10-30-2023, 06:04 PM
RE: IF We Get Burrow A Decent Line? - Nate (formerly eliminate08) - 10-30-2023, 07:35 PM