Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
The road to the division/wildcard isn’t even that long
Wanted to make a state of the playoffs thread since i haven’t seen one on here yet

In right now:

Chiefs Division lead and play this year
Ravens DL play this year
Jaguars DL play this year
Dolphins DL
Steelers WC 2x games still to play
Browns WC still play this year
Texans WC Lost to

On the bubble

Bengals 4 losses
Raiders 5 losses
Chargers 5 losses
Bills 4 losses Won against
Colts 5 losses Still play them this year

So the most unlikely scenarios are winning out and losing every game for the rest of the season. Neither of those are happening. We are too good to lose out and not good enough to win out.

Looking at this, the division is a long shot but still not out the question. Honestly the 1 seed is still in play.

But ima focus on the WC because i have a feeling that’s the goal.

Winning every division game left plus ONE of the remaining non division games would likely secure a WC spot. That’d put us at 10-7, and ii have to believe that would be enough because 10 wins usually is enough.

If we don’t win one division game all year we are cooked. If we lost our remaining 4 division games but beat ALL of Colts, Jags, Chiefs and Vikings that’s 9-8.

So with 8 games left i predict we NEED 5 wins of ANY category to make playoffs.

So with this said i predict we can lose maybe 2 more games and comfortably make playoffs. I just have to believe 1-2 AFCN teams will fall off.

The two main things we need to root for at least for the next games is Houston to keep winning and Jacksonville to lose the division led so we could own that wildcard tiebreaker. So as of 11/13 the Jags game is the most important game of the season. We also have the Colts as must win. Those 2 teams are the teams directly under us so we cannot lose a tiebreaker to them. If Jacksonville falls off we would have tiebreakers against Colts and Jags. We already have insulation against the Bills so we’re good there.

But even if we win all those non AFCN games we still need ONE win in the AFCN.

If we get 5 wins out of the next 8 games i think we are good.

I say this to say……dont lose your damn minds if we lose Thursday
-Housh
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
The road to the division/wildcard isn’t even that long - Housh - 11-13-2023, 08:09 PM