Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 3 Average
Greg Cook and Virgil Carter 2.0
While watching last night's game I had a flashback to when Greg Cook went down. I wasn't born yet but that's not important right now. What is important is the opportunity for Zac Taylor to come up with a whole new offense just like Paul Brown did. Greg Cook, like Joe Burrow, was an outstanding quarterback with uncanny accuracy with any length pass. Both men even have similar backgrounds; Cook played high school football in Chillicothe and Burrow played in Athens.

Jake Browning impressed me last night. He got mauled by the Ravens but he kept playing. Most of Browning's shorter passes were thrown expertly but his long passes weren't very accurate. This is eerily similar to Virgil Carter's skill set. Zac needs to pull out every playbook detailing the Ohio River Offense -- it was invented in Cincinnati and I refuse to call it the West Coast Offense -- and get Jake Browning on the same page. The Bengals won a lot of games with Virgil Carter dinking and dunking and hitting lots of crossing routes to the tight ends and there's little reason history cannot repeat.

This type of offense also takes pressure off a shaky offensive line. Admittedly, the Ohio River Offense requires an above average run game to complement the short passes; what I saw last night from Joe Mixon leads me to believe this is possible to achieve.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
Greg Cook and Virgil Carter 2.0 - Fan_in_Kettering - 11-17-2023, 10:29 AM
RE: Greg Cook and Virgil Carter 2.0 - jj22 - 11-17-2023, 10:54 AM