Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Midseason Mock Draft
(11-22-2023, 05:42 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: You are welcome brother. Have to say I completely agree with you about Alt, dude looks for real. Just our luck with OL he would suck 
with the Bengals lol

Schrader is special, you can tell when you watch him play. Like you said, he runs with passion and crazy effort. Great vision, hands, burst
and is hard to tackle because he is low to the ground and has great balance. I haven't watched him pass protect much, but with the way 
he works his ass off I bet he would be good at this as well.

We do love Michigan DB's, I just think Sainristil will go in the mid rounds at the latest. Granted I haven't studied up on where all these 
players are ranked in the rounds yet as it is so early. Would love to get Sainristil and love this mock if it goes this way. I would just think 
it would me a monumental mistake to let Reader go. I know he is approaching 30, but he is still a really good run stopper and we don't 
have a replacement for him and Stackhouse would take time.

Both Tupou and Reader are on the last year of their deals. I think we extend Reader for a couple years, at least I sure hope so.

Lol totally understand that. We've been snake bitten lately with drafting o line for sure. I do however feel like this could be the draft to get us out of this rut. I just feel like there are a lot of solid prospects at the top of this class. Alts my favorite but I'd be happy with several others as well.

In addition to just running the ball, I could easily see Schrader becoming that clutch check down guy who turns something into nothing. We've sorely missed that this year. His pass blocking is pretty solid. He gives a lot of effort there and thats half the battle. 

Hopefully we can work something out with Reader. Stating a rookie NT isn't my favorite plan but if it ends up being reality, I hope we could get one of Sweat, Corleone or Stackhouse. I think they are the closest to plug and play you can find in this draft. Obviously none will play at the level Reader does right of the bat. We could also use a 3 tech too but I couldn't fit one into this draft with not including the projected comps.

I think the lines definitely need to be the priority this year.
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
Midseason Mock Draft - WhoDeyK - 11-20-2023, 09:04 PM
RE: Midseason Mock Draft - Synric - 11-21-2023, 01:53 PM
RE: Midseason Mock Draft - WhoDeyK - 11-21-2023, 11:44 PM
RE: Midseason Mock Draft - WhoDeyK - 11-22-2023, 12:09 AM
RE: Midseason Mock Draft - WhoDeyK - 11-24-2023, 06:58 PM