Thread Rating:
  • 4 Vote(s) - 4 Average
Don’t be upset about losing out & why it is ok.
There is no need to have a divide amongst us regarding those that want to win some games and those that are ok with losing out.

I can’t speak for all of us ok with losing the rest of the games, but I can assure you that my thought process has zero to do with any indictment on Zac Taylor as some have suggested. My outlook is 100% common sense to me.

We were not a great team with Burrow this year, the Wild Card would be difficult to attain having no tie breakers other than Buffalo. Without Burrow we likely will not be close to being in contention.

The schedule next season is one reason why losing out can be beneficial.

Losing out offers a 4th Round schedule – we know how close the #1 & #2 seeding can be, a single loss could be the difference. Playing the Giants instead of the Eagles could be a deciding factor.

The draft is the most important benefit of losing out. Assuming we are NOT in contention, any wins could be damaging for years to come. One more win in 2019 and we likely do not have Burrow.

Some of have argued the draft is a “crapshoot”, which is true overall, but the higher teams draft the more likely they obtain a quality player.

Some have argued that we are not good at drafting, which is true – especially for the trenches, but we do better drafting much higher in each round.

We are currently slated to draft 18th. We could easily jump 9 spots and possibly 11 to the #7 pick.

Losing out puts us in contention for major impact players for the next 5 years:

The #1 TE, Brock Boward, is he a game changer? Do we have a hole at TE?
The #1 DT, Jer’Zhan Newton, would interior pass rush help? Do we need a Reader replacement?
The #2 WR, is Tee leaving?
A Top 5 OT, we are likely losing Jonah.

It is not just the 1st Rounders, it’s all the way down the draft. Tee Higgins & Logan Wilson instead of Jackson Carman and Zach Carter.

Teams we could leapfrog in the draft:

Saints
Falcons
Bucs
Colts
Broncos
Chargers
Raiders
Bills
Commanders
Packers
Rams

I do appreciate those that want to win as much as possible, but this season could be the catalyst for a great run next year. Losing Joe to the ACL was horrendous, but we got Chase and went to the Super Bowl.

Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
Don’t be upset about losing out & why it is ok. - casear2727 - 11-19-2023, 01:41 PM